Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Stuff Happening To My Computer.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 swissbeatz5

swissbeatz5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:35 PM

Every 2 or so days when i start up my computer the colors are all messed up as if they were 16 bit, and the resolution goes to 640 by 480. When I log in I can't click on anything because all of the registry or core files are missing.

Usually i just turn it on in safe mode and do a system restore, this buys me 2 days before it happens again.

When I try to reformat I am unable to press F8 to agree with the windows policy and continue my reformatting but I am able to press f8 If I want to use safe mode.

I used all of the anti virus programs and spy sweepers suggested on this website but it hasn't helped.

I also defragged my computer and it had no effect.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:25 AM

Attention this is a registry tweak!!!! Back up your registry PLease look at this guide How to back up your registry prior to doing so

Here you can find a way to solve the the issue to save user settings scroll to nr. 30. However before doing so you might want to have a look at your video card drivers

Edited by fozzie, 22 January 2007 - 03:26 AM.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:51 AM

Also try running the the System File Checker (SFC) to scan all protected files to verify their versions. If SFC discovers that a critical system file has been damaged, altered or missing, it restores the correct version of the file from the cache folder. You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to run sfc and it may ask you to insert your XP Installation CD so have it available.

To use System File Checker:
Go to Start > Run and type: sfc /scannow

Make sure that you include a space between the c and /. This command will initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files, verify their integrity, and replace any problem files.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Micht

Micht

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

Thank's for System File Checker. Good tool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users