This is what I have done so far, none of which have worked:
- Turned off System Restore, rebooted, then turned it back on
- Located my sr.ini file, right-clicked, then clicked install. Windows wanted my Service Pack folder so I browsed my way to various folders but it couldn't find the file it wanted. My big mistake, I suppose, was I had deleted some of the SP2 folders since I didn't think I had any need to roll my system back to pre-SP2 days.
- I tried copying some SP2 pack files from hubby's laptop and using these but it didn't work
- I ordered a SP2 CD from Microsoft and tried to uninstall SP2 from my PC. I got the message that it couldn't uninstall (probably because some files were missing)
- I reinstalled SP2 using the CD
- My free drive space on c: was down to 300 MB so I tried decreasing the size of System Restore disk space usage
- I increased the size of c: using Partition Magic
When I go into Control Panel --> System --> System Restore it says it is monitoring all my partitions, and no matter what size I use for disk space, when I go into System Restore there are no restore points. I have turned System Restore on & off several times, with reboots in between.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.