Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hpiz402

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dbs37

dbs37

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:35 AM

good day to all

hope i dont offend anyone by my non techincal typing...
a few days ago my daughter was surfing the net and who knows where, but thats beside the point. i have an hp 767 desktop and after this incident our computer started acting strange, upon bootup or restarts i keep getting a windows message that it need to check one of my drives for consistency, so i let this happen and it goes to about 23% and stops and then windows goes to the desktop like normal. i m thinking ok its fixed.. so now when ever i try to do anything from the harddrive or burn a cd or dvd i get a box pops up hpiz402 installings then a whole bunch of internal errors finally ending with a box on the screen saying error 1935 an error occured during installation of assembly 'interop.hpodcore3,version=2.0.468.1596 PUBLIC KEY tolken=A53CF5803F4C3827,CULTURE=neutral please refer to help and support for more info. HRESULT:0x8002802F

does anyone have any ideas of what is wrong with my puter or is it headed to the scrap pile!!!

thanks

david

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

Try this free, online scan of your system: http://safety.live.com/

Not only will it scan for malware, it'll also clean up your registry, delete your Temp files and defrag your hard drive (and some other stuff).

Let us know if the scan finds anything and we'll move on from there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 dbs37

dbs37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:07 PM

thanks for the link but it didnt help still have the same problem as i mentioned in my first post.. can some one give me some more ideas to try??

thanks

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:22 AM

Next thing to do is to try uninstalling your HP Image Zone software. If you don't need it you can just leave it off. If you do need it, download the most updated version from the HP website and install it on your system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 dbs37

dbs37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

thanks have tried all the things that youve mentioned and still have the same problem..

thanks for the help

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:10 AM

There's lot's of problems with this software on the web. I'd suggest uninstalling the software, then deleting anything relating to it (and it only) on your hard drive.

Then search your registry for instances of hpiz402 and let us know where they're located.

#7 dbs37

dbs37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:29 PM

john

thanks for all your help i have searched as your said and my searches come back with nothing, anyother ideas?? well that seems to have fixed the problem, but now i have a harddrive problem says need to perform a consistency check and starts chkdsk/f goes to 23% and stop then reboots can anyone direct me to a hd utilty that can help correct this, i have a western digital 200 gb hd, my d drive is correct and verified this is just happening on the c drive... thanks also cannot run chkdsk or scandisk from c prompt says drive being used by another program access denied/...

Edited by dbs37, 29 January 2007 - 10:05 PM.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:54 PM

Here's the website for downloads at Western Digital: http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1

They offer both tools that work within Windows and tools that you can boot to without going into Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users