Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building A New Pc, Please Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shawn_B

Shawn_B

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:39 AM

Hi,

I am trying to build a new pc that will mainly be used for 3d. I live in Edmonton, Canada, so I will buy the parts from this website: www.ncix.com. I couldn't find any better/cheaper.

Right now I have chosen these parts:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Dual Core Processor LGA775 Conroe 2.40GHZ 1066FSB 4MB Retail

Samsung 215TW 21IN Widescreen Black LCD 1680X1050 1000:1 8MS VGA DVI Pivot HAS W/ DVI Cable

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache NCQ Hard Drive

LG GSA-H22N DVD+RW 18X8X16 DVD-RW 18X6X16 Dual Layer 8X DVD-RAM 12X DVD Writer 2MB

ASUS P5B Deluxe / WIFI-AP ATX LGA775 Conroe 965P DDR2 PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 3PCI 8 SATA2 Sound Motherboard

Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB 2X1GB PC6400 DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit

EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800 GTS 500MHZ 640MB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out HDCP DIRECTX10 Video Card

Do you think I should replace any of the above?

The parts, I couldn't decide are: case, power supply and cpu cooler. All I want is something that runs really cool and COMPLETELY SILENT. I have been using a system that is relatively noisy and I really don't want to again. I might overclock the cpu to a degree, so you might suggest 2 cpu coolers if you want (1 for overclocking and another for normal usage).

If you can make the selection from www.ncix.com, that would be really great.

Thanks again for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:12 AM

For a cooler I'd recommend the Tuniq Tower 120, which can be very quiet or cool very well for overclocking. For a PSU you should look at a Seasonic S-12, high quality and very quiet. Case wise you should look at the Antec P180, wonderful case both colling and noise wise.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:00 AM

I like the Cooler Master CAC-T05UW Centurion 5 Mid Tower (enough that I'm going to buy 3 more when I rebuild the other 3 systems at home).

For PSU's (IMO) nothing beats the Silent ones from PC Power and Cooling. I've got a 610 watt one and it's pretty durned quiet.

I've got a Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler on my E6600. When assembling it, I didn't plug the fan in correctly - so the fan didn't run the first time I fired the system up. Yet the combination of the massive cooler and the Core 2 Duo was able to run without any overheating! I did have to remove the funnel from the side of the Centurion case in order to fit the cooler.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users