Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Flagging Registry Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rob h

Rob h

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not please advise where and I will post there.

Whilst running my weekly scan with Norton one button checkup it has found the following registry problems but cannot fix them, can someone advise me if they are a problem and if so how to fix them?

ProgID, "MailFileAtt,"refers to invalid Activex/COM entry,
"{00020D05-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}."

ProgID, "mapifvbx.object,"refers to invalid Activex/COM entry,
"{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}."

ProgID, "mapifvbx.object.1,"refers to invalid Activex/COM entry,
"{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:36 AM

Overhere ther following solution was posted

Fix these issues by;
1. going into regedit (run - regedit)
2. open the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" (click + in front of)
3. locate each of the "MailFileAtt" and mapifvbx.object and mapifvbx.object.1 then do the following for each of the se keys.
4. Right mouse click on the key (as above)
5. click on "Permissions..." in the popup menu (action of right mouse click)
6. ensure that each of the "CREATOR OWNER" and "Power User (xxxxxx xxxx) and the 'SYSTEM' have the "Allow" box ticked for "Full Control" this will automatically tick the others under the allow 'Permissions for' options.
7 remember to follow step 4, 5 and 6 for each of the 3 keys.
8. when finished, exit from the Regedit (Registry Editor)
9. Run the "Norton WinDoctor" again and select the "Advanced" option when the scan is completed and
10. then select all the errors in each (drag the mouse over all of them) of the categories,
11. then select the "Repair" button icon and select the "Let me decide ..." option for the actual repair action,
12. for each repair option that presents itself, choose to "delete" the error - then click on the Repair button
-12a. after you have repaired the 1st error, the solution to the 2nd error will appear - repeat "for each repair option that presents itself, choose to "delete" the error - then click on the Repair button"
12b. Repeat step 12 and 12a until all are repaired (will show green tick in front of reported error)

That should get rid of the errors reported by Norton WinDoctor and resolve any other related issues with these keys.

Posted Image

#3 Rob h

Rob h
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for that, all is working fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users