Jump to content
Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:43 PM
Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:36 AM
Fix these issues by;
1. going into regedit (run - regedit)
2. open the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" (click + in front of)
3. locate each of the "MailFileAtt" and mapifvbx.object and mapifvbx.object.1 then do the following for each of the se keys.
4. Right mouse click on the key (as above)
5. click on "Permissions..." in the popup menu (action of right mouse click)
6. ensure that each of the "CREATOR OWNER" and "Power User (xxxxxx xxxx) and the 'SYSTEM' have the "Allow" box ticked for "Full Control" this will automatically tick the others under the allow 'Permissions for' options.
7 remember to follow step 4, 5 and 6 for each of the 3 keys.
8. when finished, exit from the Regedit (Registry Editor)
9. Run the "Norton WinDoctor" again and select the "Advanced" option when the scan is completed and
10. then select all the errors in each (drag the mouse over all of them) of the categories,
11. then select the "Repair" button icon and select the "Let me decide ..." option for the actual repair action,
12. for each repair option that presents itself, choose to "delete" the error - then click on the Repair button
-12a. after you have repaired the 1st error, the solution to the 2nd error will appear - repeat "for each repair option that presents itself, choose to "delete" the error - then click on the Repair button"
12b. Repeat step 12 and 12a until all are repaired (will show green tick in front of reported error)
That should get rid of the errors reported by Norton WinDoctor and resolve any other related issues with these keys.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users