Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp And Linksys Wireless Network C0000006 Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Knowmad

Knowmad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum and hope this is a good place to get help. I searched and did not find a reference to this problem. I am not even sure if it is an XP problem.

I bought a new desktop to network with the old with a new Linksys router and a USB wireless network set up.

The new PC is great. I hooked it to the cable modem and Linksys router.

I have the old desktop across the room with the USB wireless adapter. I am using WEP 128bit encryption on the network. The old dekstop with the USB gets a pretty continuous stream of error windows that beep each time.

They all say:

WLAN_Cfg
External Exception C0000006

Sometimes there are more than 20 of these little windows there.

Does anyone know what might be causing this or how to start the trouble shooting process?

I have read the spyware may cause some problems. Both systems have been scanned and immunized with Spybot.

Dave

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 20 January 2007 - 05:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:20 AM

I'd suggest first checking all of the connections to ensure that your card and antenna are thoroughly tightened down.

Then I'd uninstall the software for the USB wireless - and then install the latest version available from the manufacturer of the device.

Then I'd resetup the network and the network connections on the troublesome PC.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users