Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Administrator Login

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carlos6

carlos6

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

Hello all
My computer, running WinXP SP2, has just recently started logging in as Administrator and then I have to log off, click switch Users and select My Normal login. Control panel, User accounts shows : My Name as Computer Administrator, Administrator as Computer administrator, Guest account is off.

By selecting “Change the way users login /logoff” and unticking either “Use welcome screen” or “Use fast switching” I get the message “Fast switching cannot be turned off while multiple users are logged in”. How can I change to MY Normal logon as before.
Can anyone help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

Hi carlos, if you want to log in so admin doesn't over ride you add passwords to your account and the admin account.....that will fix it. And to fix the fast switching issue, when you log of do not click on switch user as you are still logged on, click log off first then you see two options, switch oser or log off., click log off.

Edited by Monty007, 20 January 2007 - 06:52 PM.

MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users