Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webcam Output In Ie And Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ak825989

ak825989

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

This is the code I'm using to embed the video stream from a webcam in a web page, using Media Player 6.4:

<object width="320" height="240"
classid="clsid:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"
type="application/x-oleobject">
<param name="showcontrols" value="false" />
<param name="filename" value="http://server/img/video.asf" />
<embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
width="320" height="240" showcontrols="0"
src="http://server/img/video.asf">
</embed>
</object>

Can anyone tell me, please, why the stream plays continuously if the page is opened in IE6, but plays as an (approx) 7 minute clip if opened in Firefox2 (though it can be restarted using the right-click context menu 'Play' command).

And, what parameters can I add to the 'embed' plug-in code for Firefox, to make it play continuously? I've tried various combinations of 'loop', 'rewind', 'autostart', but nothing seems to work. Nor does making the 'src' point to an .asx playlist file, which has the .asf file as an 'entry' which is 'repeated'.

Any ideas? I'm at my wit's end. Much web searching has drawn a blank! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users