Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wpa

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wonga

wonga

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:47 PM

I have just bought a new notebook tried to connect to my home network but unsccessful..My home network uses WPA key while my notebook only can connect to WPA-psk..does this thing affect the connection? what should i do to override this? have tried manually change it but still it goes back to WPA-PSK..somebody help pls

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

Hello and welcome,

I believe this article will explain what it is and how it works and will help you configure it.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n...n_03july28.mspx

I hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 wonga

wonga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:04 PM

Hi thanks alot it dohelp but the problem is how my router is unable to configure to wpa-psk

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:06 AM

Hello,

Can you post the make model etc of the hardware that you are using?

Edited by nigglesnush85, 21 January 2007 - 11:06 AM.

Regards,

Alan.

#5 wonga

wonga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:32 AM

hi i am using a sony viao notebook..i have no problem connecting to "open" network. the only problem i face is i couldn't change the aunthetication to wpa coz my wireless lan starter will automatically switch it back to wpa-psk while my router is using just wpa.my noteboo is using a smart card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users