The "Pattern File LPT$VPN is missing"
error message means you did not download and/or extract the Virus Pattern Files properly.
Download the latest Virus Pattern Files
- (Pattern files are usually named lptxxx.zip, where xxx is the pattern file number)
& save it to your desktop. Extract (unzip) the lptxxx.zip
pattern file into the same folder which you created for and placed sysclean.com. You should have created a new folder on your C: drive and renamed it Sysclean - i.e. C:\SysClean. (Click here for information on how to extract a file if your not sure how to do this.
Then double-click on sysclean.com
to start the scan.
When you first double-click on sysclean.com to scan, it will unpack the following files in the same folder it is run from:
• vscantm.binReboot your computer in
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Note: Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them before going to the next step.Scan with Sysclean
- Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to start the scanning process.
- Put a check mark on the "Automatically clean or delete infected files" option by clicking in the checkbox.
- Click the Advanced >> button.
- The scan options appear. Select the "Scan all local fixed drives".
- Click the "Scan button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console.
- It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
- Another MS-DOS window appears containing the log file generated in the System Cleaner folder.
- To view the log, click the "View button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console. The Trend Micro Sysclean Package - Log window appears.
- The Files Detected section shows the viruses that were detected by System Cleaner.
- The Files Clean section shows the viruses that were cleaned.
- The Clean Fail section shows the viruses that were not cleaned.
- Exit when done, reboot normally and re-enable your anti-virus program.
Instructions with screenshots are here
if you need them.When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights otherwise you will not have the rights to scan some locations. The scanning process may result in "Access Denied" messages for some files. This is normal because these files are protected by the system.