Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Antivirus 2005 Does Not Support The Repair Feature

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DavidJuaquin

DavidJuaquin

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

So I've recently installed a certified copy of Norton AntiVirus 2005 on my Windows XP SP2. Updated It with no problems and ran my first scan with no problems. When I turn on my cpu the next day, I get a pop-up error message stating "Norton AntiVirus 2005 does not support the repair feature" & that I have to reinstall Norton. After opening and running Norton, I saw no problems and decided not to reinstall :thumbsup: . After a few searches on the web, I thought I found success when a came across the problem on the symantec site (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2004090712504306?OpenDocument&lg=en&ct=in&seg=hho&src=hot).
Unfortunately, this did not help :flowers: . More searches led me to believe that my problem had something to due with me arranging the Norton folders and icons on the start menu. I like the way I have my start menu and I wont change it, also there is nothing wrong with Norton so I won't be uninstalling it. My question to anyone out there is, can I shut off one of the many Norton apps on startup to resolve this problem or can I change something in the registry to fix this problem. Thx in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:07 PM

hello,

If you are looking to turn programs off at start up, go to start click run then type msconfig then click on the startup tab and remove the ticks of programs you don't want to start up with windows. jost google the name

if its a specific part of the program, go to start run then type in services.msc and search for the specific part of the program and stop it or disable it.

I should point out that altering the program may reduce its eficiency.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 DavidJuaquin

DavidJuaquin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

I use autoruns and I've set what I want and don't want to startup, but would anyone might know which startup app is related to this pop up error?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users