Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Grumpy Old Geeks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ted C.

Ted C.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

You know the phrase, "I doesn't get any better than this". Well I here because of good O'le Plug and pray. The more gear we get the more praying we've yet to do.
Good to be here I look forward to the interface.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

Hello, Ted C..
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Ted C.

Ted C.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

Since the dawn of time, BW, before windows, we've be hashing out problems and here's one that is baffling two of the guys here, a much newer geek, and me the Grumpy O'le Geek.

If you can point me in the right place the Big Giant Head will visit on you paradise.....here's the problem (I'll be back on line Monday A.M.). Thanks for any help you may spot me.

Ted C.

Problem:
With all components hooked up the systems asks me to insert a disk which is connected.

New configuration:
I have a Toshiba A75 laptop and wanted a back up SATA hard drive system.
I purchased:
A Deckstar series T7K500, mod # HDT72532VLA360
I installed it in a: Sabrent SATA-EC-ESU4S Serial ATA (SATA) & SATA II 3.5 Hard Disk to eSata and USB 2.0 Aluminum Enclosure Case
Using provided cables connecting to a:
Sabrent, SATA-EXC2, eSATA II -3Gbps Dual Ports Express Card / 34 PCMCIA card

Problem:
With all components hooked up the systems asks me to insert a disk which is connected.

The system acknowledges the PCMCIA card and the system offers a external device (E:) yet when in Windows Explorer the system asks to have a disk inserted even though the hard drive is connected and indicator lights (one indicates HDD access) indicate power is on and the PCMCIA card senses the cable. The software as provided (weak information) seems to be installed correctly.

Fix instructions for Hitachi indicate a repair/setup for a desktop not instructions for working through a PCMCIA inserted card with an external HDD.

Question: What has to be done to initiate the hard drive (with partitions) so that the system will recognize it? Or, is Deskstar just DarkStar?

#4 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

Hi Ted C.,
Posted Image to BleepingComputer! Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users