Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Bug

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alex Young

Alex Young

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

Windows XP is giving me a message in the system tray "Windows needs your current credentials. Please lock this computer, then unlock it using your most recent password or smart card. Please click the icon to see more information."

any ideas how to resolve this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

Hello, I was thinking that it could be down to a permissions setting, however, I did a little digging and found this

This appears to be a random bug in Windows XP, but there is a fix that you can apply on the affected computer.

* Click Start, Run and type GPEDIT.MSC.
* Under computer configuration, expand administrative templatessystemlogon.
* Select the "Always wait for the network at computer startup" value.
* The default state is "not configured." Set this to "On."

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users