Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something Very Very Weird. Help Pls

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jhonyb

Jhonyb

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:31 AM

Hello all

Im having super strange problems in my computer. To start its a MSI 975x Platinum board, 2gb DDR2 667, 3.4Ghz DC cpu, nvidia 7600gt graphics card, watercooled by coolermaster intern\extern.
I never had a problem in my pc, but this week i had a problem in my watercooling system and some liquid (with the computer unplugued from the power) spilled on top of the MB i cleaned it all very well. I repaired the leak turned on my compter and everything was fine.

Then i started to played PES6 and in the 2nd half i get a blue screen with alot of white letters\numbers but i wasnt able to read it properly. I managed to bring windows up again and i thought everything was fine when it happen again and again and again. So i formated (i have a WD raptor 10k and 2x250gb WD in raid0) i made quick format and installed windows at 1st gave a FATAL ERROR during instalation then the 3rd time i managed to install has soon has i installed some drvers and made windows updates a blue screen appeared so i took the HDD and did some tests with WD diagnostics in another pc everything was fine. So i tried again with the normal format and now it hangs on 20% not even formating.

Can anyone advise pls, i rly have no idea. Can it be from the liquid spilling that dmged my MB ?

If anyone has an idea pls share with me

ty vm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:53 AM

Possibly. Too bad you didn't catch the Blue Screen error code, it could have helped to find the source of the problem. It might be time to start switching out hardware to find what exactly has gone wrong.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Jhonyb

Jhonyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:14 AM

i remember some capital letter with IRQ thou im not sure.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:35 AM

Liquid shorting out the Motherboard, would be my guess.

Here's how to get the BSOD to post long enough for you to copy the information, and post it here:

Click Start.
Click Control Panel.
Click Performance and Maintenance.
Click System.
Click the Advanced tab.
In the Startup and Recovery box, click the Settings button.
In the System Failure box, uncheck Automatically restart.
Put a check in Write an event to the system log, and Send an administrative alert.
Click OK.
Reboot.

Write it down, word for word, and post it here.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Jhonyb

Jhonyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:08 AM

thx for the detailed info.

Ill try to do it if im able to put the computer to run, since he is stalling on the format.

i tested ram using memtest 0 errors

#6 Jhonyb

Jhonyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

Hello again

tried to install windows after he copied all files and rebooted the BSOD appeared again and i was able to copy the information it states the following:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000; 0x000000FF; 0x00000008; 0x00000000)

I think its this if i didnt copy wrong.

What does it mean? anyone ?

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Error Message with RAM Problems or Damaged Virtual Memory Manager
“STOP:0xD1” Error Message When You Start Your Win XP-Based Computer
Stop 0x000000D1 Error Message When You Turn Your Computer Off
“STOP 0x000000D1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys” Error Message When You Try to Shut Down the Computer
STOP 0xD1 error message when you start your Win XP-based computer
WRQ AtGuard Program Causes Error Message in Win XP

aumha.org
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Jhonyb

Jhonyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

in short it means my MB is bleeped and i need a new one. :thumbsup:

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:15 PM

No, it means that the most likely causes are (in no specific order)
1) Faulty drivers
2) Faulty RAM
3) Faulty pagefile

You can test the RAM with a free tester from here: http://www.memtest86.com/

You can reset your pagefile here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic71367.html#

And here's some places to get more info on the error message:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 Jhonyb

Jhonyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

Then usasma how do you explain i try to install windows and i cant make a format because it crashes in the middle of it, so i bring the HDD to format in another computer. I try to install windows again it copies the necessary files and reboots just to encounter a BSOD evry single time?

Memory is fine i did a test and i put it in another pc, HDD's are fine cause i tested them also.

What is left? CPU and Motherboard i sincerely doubt a faulty CPU would let me boot so im down to the MB, i cant do a single thing without seing a BSOD so i came to the conlusion MB is somewhat shortcirvuiting due to the spilling of liquid from the watercooling system.

thx for your concern thou :thumbsup:

Edited by Jhonyb, 21 January 2007 - 02:12 PM.

#11 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:04 AM

Did you also test the memory with the memory tester usasma linked to?

Memory errors can also be caused by faulty motherboard, CPU or power supply.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#12 Jhonyb

Jhonyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

Hey Mr Alpha

Yes i did, i took the memory out of the other pc bring it to this one and used the memtest for like 45 min \ 1 hour. 0 errors.

I doubt power supply has anything wrong.

The only 2 places the error could come from was the MB due to the spilling or the CPU (only thing i didnt test on another computer)
I sent the MB to the store i bought (since it only had 6 months old) and im w8ing on a reply from them, tomorow or so ill have it, if the MB is fine on their tests im down too the CPU

#13 Jhonyb

Jhonyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:15 AM

Ok i now know that the MB had ALOT of dust in the northbridge fan and after it was cleaned and the bios updated it didnt give any errors whatsoever.

This now takes me too the following doubts:

Was the dust the cause of the blue screens? and now its fine after it was proprely cleaned

Or the error could have come from the CPU and im still screwed?

More details will come, if u wanna share some advices i appreciate them alot.

#14 Jhonyb

Jhonyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

Got the MB today connected everything and i got a BSOD with (right after windows copied files and rebooted)

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC000005, 0xF72500D5, 0xF78A207C, 0xF78A1D78)

iastor.sys - adress F72500D5 base at F7215000, Datestamp 422F4bcc

I thought it was from RAID i disabled it tried to install windows again and after reboot it started copying windows files from CD again, like if the HDD was blank.

The system:

MSI Chip. Intel 975x DDR sk. LGA775 Dual.Core Platinum
3.4Ghz DC
4x 512 Samsung DDR2
Nvidia 7600GT
Audigy 2 ZS
2xSamsung RAID 0 SATA1 160gb
1xSamsung SATA2 320gb

#15 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

If you disabled the RAID, it'd be like the hard drive was blank again - so it would have to reinstall everything. Did you load the RAID drivers when Windows prompted you to load them by pressing F6?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users