Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing Mouse Pointers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:42 AM

I am looking to change a certain mouse pointer in WinXP. Simple you might think however, it’s not that easy. Let me explain.

I am visually impaired; I also work with VI students too. I was asked if it was possible to change specific mouse pointers so that they would become clearer/user friendly to the user. Simple I thought, go into CONTROL PANEL, select MOUSE and make the amendments in there. The only mouse pointer I wanted to amend was the ‘hyperlink’ pointer.

With the pointer set to a large green arrow (just to test) I opened up IE but when I began to type into MS Word I noticed that when adding a hyperlink to the document the customised HYPERLINK POINTER wasen’t used, instead the ‘system default’ was used – white hand with a pointing finger.

Any ideas to how to remedy this would be helpful.

P.S If I get the opportunity I will post some screenprints to try and explain/simplify what I am talking about.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:14 AM

First of ( do not know whether i kicked in an open door) if you press CTRL and use the scroll wheel of your mouse this will increase your screen.

Can you try the following : go to CONTROL PANEL MOUSE and their you can change the behavior of your mouse.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:10 AM

I suspect that there are options in MS Word that are causing this but am not real familiar with Word options myself. Have you tried to adjust the options in Word?

Have you tried setting the icon size to be larger? This may not cure the Word problems, but may make them easier to see.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

Cheers guys for the input, but as usasma stated, I tend to think its down to MS Word itself. I've worked throught all the options in word and haven't discovered a solution to problem, I'm guessing it's more of a programming issue and thats how MS Word behave's when hyperlinked words are hovered over.

I've been through CONTROL PANEL --> MOUSE to alter settings but there is nothing there to correct my problem. I've even downloaded a few utilities that I thought may of solved this query.

Just out of interest the students that have limited sight enough to just about see use screen enhancement software such as ZoomText which can magnify the screen to a huge aspect - x16.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:16 PM

The image zoomer in accesibility tools doesn't help?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users