Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Get Rid Of It?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 suretisme

suretisme

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:32 AM

I am a "Newbie" and use irishnation for my email. When I open my email there is a panel about 3-inches wide on the left side that prevents me from seeing the entire email. I have to keep scrolling back & forth when I try to read it. Needless to say this is very frustrating. I've right clicked on it & tried everything but nothing removes it! Please help me. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:39 AM

Can you make a screenshot and upload it here? Like this
How to insert an image

#3 suretisme

suretisme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:48 AM

fozzie.....I have never taken a Screen Shot in my life!!!

I printed out your instructions on how to take a Screen Shot and tried my best to follow them but after numerous tries all I got was "INVALID FORMAT (JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIF)".

Would you have any other suggestions for me? :thumbsup: Thanks.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:37 AM

After taking the screenshot, you will need to host the image.
Follow the direction in the second link fozzie posted.
That will explain how to post a screenshot on this forum.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

Without seeing your screenshot suretisme, I'm wondering if you could simply make your e-mail window bigger.

Point at the corner of the window you want to move with the mouse arrow.
When the arrow turns into a two-headed arrow,pointing in two directions,you can hold down the mouse button and drag the corner out until the window is the size you want it.
Let go of the mouse when the window looks about the right size.

Just a thought.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 suretisme

suretisme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:50 PM

tq1911.....Yes, I am aware that I have to host the screen shot.

TMacK.....I tried your suggestion but sorry to say it did not work. I even tried it on all 4 corners but was never able to get the 2-headed arrow on none of them.

After numerous different tries I was finally able to get a screen shot but when I tried to post it I was "timed out" 3 times, disconnected once, and after waiting 9 minutes for it to load I gave up in frustration. I might try again later on but I think I'll just put up with what I've got for the present time.

Thanks to all.

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

suretisme,
A link to the image, would work just as good as the image.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:26 AM

If you are using OutLook Express you need to turn the OutLook Bar off.
Open Outlook Express and go to View. Click on Layout. Uncheck Outlook Bar. Click Apply.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#9 suretisme

suretisme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:18 AM

DELETED!

Edited by suretisme, 20 January 2007 - 11:07 AM.

#10 suretisme

suretisme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:04 AM

[b] acklan.....thanks, but if you look at my original question you will see that I am using irishnation for my e-mail, not Outlook Express.

tq1911.....I have been trying different hosting sites but it seems like every one I use comes up "Not Valid Format" even though they say that png and gif IS a Valid Format (I've used both of them)!!!!! :flowers:

Please don't even bother answering me as I've had enough and my blood pressure is already too high. :thumbsup:

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

IrishNation is ad-supported email - so you'll have to expect some "distractions".

Try adjusting your screen resolution to a higher settings - although it'll make things smaller, you may be able to view everything on a single page.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 suretisme

suretisme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:54 AM

usasma, thank you for your suggestion but to be quite honest with you I don't know how to do that and even if I did I don't think I would care for the email to be any smaller. When you get to be my age I find it easier to read LARGER type than smaller type. :flowers: :thumbsup: :trumpet:

#13 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:21 AM

Looking at Irishnation website, you can get rid of all the ads for $25 a year. Also, looking at the specs for the ad supported email that you now have, it has to be the most limited of any free email that I have ever checked out.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#14 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:29 AM

I probably am close to your age (I'm 54) - and I've also got eye problems on top of my age!

So, the next suggestion is to get a larger monitor - it'll come in handy for your eyes. I'm currently running 800x600 on a 19" monitor and it's barely large enough for me - I'm looking at 24 and 27 inch monitors for the near future.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#15 suretisme

suretisme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

buddy215, I am not about to pay $25 a year to get rid of anything!!!...LOL

The reason I have irishnation as one of my emails is because 2 people I write too, one in England and the other in Ireland, claim they do not receive my email whenever I use anything but irishnation!!!

I only use irish nation when I email them, and no one else. But when they answer me is when I have my problem of having to scroll back & forth in order to read their email to me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

usasma, at 54 you're still a young man!!!...LOL I am 79 & will be 80 in July. I also run 800x600 but on a 17" monitor. I would love to have a larger one but for the few things I use my PC for I am satisfied for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users