Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wpa Encryption In Slackware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lil Bastard

Lil Bastard

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

I'm having trouble getting the the wpa_supplicant.conf file in slackware 11.0 to see my wap. I have the atheros card working with the ap with no encryption, but I want to use WPA. The main problem I'm having is when I use the passphrase "SSID" passphrase command i recieve a 64 character psk, and my d-link 7200ap will only except 63 max. wpa_supplicant won't start with only 63 characters ??, will with 64, but won't see the ap. I have configured the wpa_suppicant file to the configurations of: My Webpage, filling in the changes needed
How can I get wpa_supplicant to start with less than 64 characters?
What other info would you need?

thanks for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users