Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal Data In Firefox

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JRSwindow

JRSwindow

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

Hi,

When I erase my personal data in FF it also erases personal data in IE. This is only a recent problem. The only thing I have changed on the computer in between when this didn't happen, and since it has, is that I added a java plugin.

Does anyone know why this may be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

What personal data? Where were you keeping this personal data in Firefox?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

With what program do you do that?

#4 JRSwindow

JRSwindow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

I don't know where the firefox private data is stored.

I have FF set so that upon closing it asks me if I want to erase private data such as: history, cookies, cache, saved passwords etc.

Now when I do this it is erasing the history in IE. IE's temp internet files remain intact however.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

How strange. I was curious enough to see if I could get IE history to delete and tried different things with Firefox. Even rebooted and the history is still there in IE. Not saying it is not possible. There are security programs that will automatically delete history in IE when you close the browser. if you want them to. I think Spybot has that as one of its options. Or maybe it is some extension in FF. I am using IE6 and FF 1.5.0.9.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 JRSwindow

JRSwindow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

Thanks for trying buddy215. I'm running IE 7 and FF 2.0.0.1. If that makes any diff.

#7 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:05 AM

Are you running programms like Spywareblaster, Adaware or Ccleaner. Do you run during startup any of these programs?

#8 JRSwindow

JRSwindow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:05 AM

No, I don't run any of those programs. I have tried to install and run adaware in the past, but it always shuts down my computer (that is a problem for another day).

The only program like that I run is windows defender.

#9 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:41 AM

perhaps you could do this test to rule out any malware issues and post the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users