Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is This A Virus/trajan?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Big Craig

Big Craig

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

Has anyone got anyideas what may be happening with the computer i use for the internet?

last night i was editing on my avid and whilst it was rendering i moved over to the computer i use for the internet, emails and photoshop etc. just logged on opend google, and IE6 closed on its own and refused to re-open.

after a restart IE worked fine but then i noticed that i had no task bar icons, i checked wht programs were runnung and none of the programs that were in the the task bar were running, i.e norton, zone alarm, ebay toolbar etc.

i againg restarted samething happens.

i started zone alarm manualy and tryed to check auto start, as soom as i put the tick in the box i dissapears. Norton refusess to start and directs me to there website where im told to reinstall.

Ive tryed to reinstall norton but its unable to install

Im thinking i may have a virus that has shut down all of the taskbar programs as a way of shutting down my internet security.

has anyone had this happen to them? and do you think (or know) if its a virus?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

Try running the online virus scanner in the link below and let it quarantine or delete whatever it finds.
Assuming that you are using XP2 and you have uninstalled or Zone Alarm Firewall is no longer active, try to activate the Windows Firewall before going on line. Let us know what the scan finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users