Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperate For Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 writer_girl32

writer_girl32

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:15 PM

I work in an office where all staff members use Mac G3s with OS 9. Each computer is networked to a group of servers. I had an extensive file folder contained thousands of text files saved on one of the servers. It seems somebody deleted the files today. I believe they would have dragged the items to the trash then deleted the trash.

How can I get them back? I checked with my tech person, who is useless, and she said since there is only a one-hour timed backup, they're gone.

Is she right? Is there any way to recover these files?

Help! I'm desperate!

Writer Girl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KIDRoach

KIDRoach

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:05 AM

i used to have a software that can undelete stuffs, recover stuffs that are deleted, but forgot what's its name... anyways, try "undelete software" on google and see if you can find any hit, and try installing the files, preferably free ones i guess... :thumbsup:

hope this helps ?
If Quizzes were Quizzicles, what are Tests ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users