Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Myessentials Wireless Network

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 woodharpy

woodharpy

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

I just got a myessentials brand router and i got the router to work and its outputting a wireless signal however when i try to connect to it, it gets stuck saying "acquiring network address" and i can't figure out a way to fix it.

CAUTION: Cape Does Not Enable User To Fly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:35 PM

Hello,

It could be that your firewall is blocking protocols have you tried connecting without firewalls?
It could also be that the relevent service has been disabled on your machine. go to start run then type in
services.mscwhen the window opens, do a search for entries with wireless or DHCP and make sur that they are started.

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 woodharpy

woodharpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

No unfortunately it didn't help i manually typed in my IP address and now it says that its connected however it won't load any web pages.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

Have you looked in the internet explorer settings (or any browser) to see how it connects. If you can download a program called http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html you can see what ports are in use hopefully

these are ports used by windows, if some are not open, it could explain things.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 woodharpy

woodharpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:01 PM

It looks like 53 isn't there.

#6 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

Are there other computers hooked up to the router, and do they have internet access?

Also, try and confirm you have a solid wireless connection to the router. You can do that by pinging the router's IP. This is done by going to Start > Run > and enter in CMD. Then you want to "ping" the IP address of the router. Check the router's documentation to see what it's default IP is, but it's usually something like 192.168.1.1 In that case the command you would enter in to the CMD window would would be: ping 192.168.1.1

If you get 4 replies, you're connected properly.

Edited by arcman, 17 January 2007 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#7 woodharpy

woodharpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

Hey i got it working i decided to try running the installer for about the 50th time and it worked and all is connected now. thanks for the help

#8 woodharpy

woodharpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:40 PM

My router is still connected however its not loading pages as fast as my last router is there a setting or something that i could try changing to fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users