Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Tools Software Engineering

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 enscribe

enscribe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

I want to use the program "Ram Saver Pro" which was created by Wintools Software Engineering. I was warned by a "Geek Squad" Tech that wintools is spyware. Yet "Ram Saver Pro" is recommended as spyware clean.

My problem is that when I did a search on wintools, I get a number of responses that wintools is spyware or worse. When I search Wintools Software Engineering I get the opposite result.

SO my question is:

Is Ram Saver Pro spyware or Not

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:30 PM

You wrote:

My problem is that when I did a search on wintools, I get a number of responses that wintools is spyware or worse. When I search Wintools Software Engineering I get the opposite result.

What made you think that they would honestly tell you that they are spyware, if they really are?

With a bit more researching, and taking a poll on what people think and have said about it, it probably wouldn't be too hard to decide if it is or isn't.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

Regardless, the use of RAM optimizers is generally considered to be futile - so I'd stop using it.

FWIW, here's an entry about WinTools from Wikipedia:

* HuntBar, aka WinTools or Adware.Websearch, is a small family of spyware programs distributed by TrafficSyndicate. TrafficSyndicate.com is a trademark of IBIS, LLC. It is installed by an ActiveX drive-by download at affiliate Web sites, or by advertisements displayed by other spyware programs an example of how spyware can install more spyware. These programs add toolbars to IE, track browsing behavior, redirect affiliate references, and display advertisements.[24][25]

from this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users