Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ice Storm

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:36 AM

Took some pics yesterday morning and thought I would post them up. I have heard they have declared our town a Federal Disaster Area, but no positive since I havent had power or a phone since Friday. I posting this from work and we have had power. In my opinion it is because we are next to a large factory and next to the unemployment office and Social Security office.

Lots of price gouging going on. Generators that normally sell for $500.00 are selling for $1200.00

Any, pics of the beauty that has came out of this disaster.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:43 AM

Those are some beautiful pics.

This also makes a good reason for fuelless energy. I've saw the news where some states have gotten slammed by the weather, and many are still without electricity and heat.

Hopefully you'll have power real soon.

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:47 AM

Ahhh the memories your pictures bring back, of the Ice Storm of 2003 here in New York. It looked just like what it looks like there. We had no power for 7 days.

It is funny/ironic how something so devastating can be so enchanting and beautiful, isn't it?

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:04 PM

We usually dont get snow around here much. We do sometimes but then we get ice. Its very fun for riding atvs but it cuts the power off and makes driving a car or even a tractor with feed for our cows down the road impossible unless you are in the ditch(just what we have had to do to get traction).

Very nice pics there. I take a lot too when it snows and ices because they look so good.

#5 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:10 AM

Beautiful pics!!
Too bad a whole lot of bad things came with them!

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:16 AM

Posted Image :thumbsup: Nice pics...

Edited by fozzie, 18 January 2007 - 07:16 AM.

#7 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:03 AM

Ahhh the memories your pictures bring back, of the Ice Storm of 2003 here in New York. It looked just like what it looks like there. We had no power for 7 days.

It is funny/ironic how something so devastating can be so enchanting and beautiful, isn't it?

I remember that. I worked many hours with a crane on the R.R. in Watertown NY, removing trees from the tracks.
There were trees down as far as the eye could see, it was like a video game. and almost as much fun.
I bought a generator shortly after.

#8 NukaCola

NukaCola

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:49 AM

:thumbsup:

#9 Bulldog

Bulldog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for all the compliments on the pics.

Everything is well.
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

#10 Bulldog

Bulldog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:31 PM

Slideshow of Icestorm pics
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

#11 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:35 PM

Lovely photos Bulldog!
Where I am at we were hit by ice this winter too. More than once. I think it is the worst winter we have had in a long while.
Posted Image

#12 Bulldog

Bulldog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

Thanks.

Yeah definantly the worst in a while. There are still alot of people here without power. CRAZY!!!
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

#13 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:58 PM

Just watched your slide-show, Bulldog - good pictures and I especially enjoyed the close-up shots!
(Reminds me of when I was a child and never thought of the damage that was being done, merely the magic of the icicles themselves).
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#14 ghostwriter

ghostwriter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

Bulldog,

For someone who has only seen snow twice in my life, that is the most amazing photos I have seen! It's hard to put in perspective that while your looking and living with snow and ice both DSTM and I are more than likely sitting around in singlets and shorts, sweating and trying to keep cool!!

There you guys are surrounded by frozen water and here we are in Australia praying for water. Recently they have been saying that Sydney has only another 2 years of water left in our dams. It's a pity we can't find a way to take some of that snow off your hands!

Anyway I think it is absolutely entrancing, the beauty of nature is mesmerising.

I would love to see more.
What you do in life does matter……Each choice and action you make has
consequences, good or bad. Which path will you take?

#15 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:51 AM

Check out this video of some guy's backyard being frozen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users