Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Moniter Desktop Images

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nooodle

Nooodle

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:52 AM

ok I have dual moniters and I have dual moniter desktop images but cant seem to get them to stretch accross both of them even though I have it set to act like one big desktop, I have tried everything I know to do so I turn to you guys. I'm sure its something simple that im overlooking but it may not be.

Edited by Nooodle, 17 January 2007 - 04:54 AM.

Posted Image

My name is Nooodle and I approve this message.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:58 AM

There's a good FAQ on using dual monitors here. It may be of some use to you.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:05 AM

ok that is a very useful guide thank you but on the topic I posted the guide refers to win 98 and I have winxp also I have tried the "tile" option and the screen just stacks a bunch of the images up in a grid like pattern.
Posted Image

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:14 AM

ok I have dual moniters and I have dual moniter desktop images but cant seem to get them to stretch accross both of them even though I have it set to act like one big desktop

Can you please describe what it currently looks like if you cannot get it to stretch over both monitors.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:24 AM

well tileing does what I said before, stretch will show the same image on both moniters, and center will center it in the center of each screen ( same on both moniters )
Posted Image

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:43 AM

I'm just guessing here but if tile stacks multiply copies of the image next to each other then I suspect that your image isn't large enough. Try resizing the image to make it larger. For example if you are running your resolution at 1024x786 on each monitor, resize the image to 2048x786 and then reset it as the desktop image.

Edited by Budapest, 17 January 2007 - 05:44 AM.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

ok that works thank you so much
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users