Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

G15 Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vedunga

Vedunga

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:58 AM

This christmas i got a G15 keyboard, i installed it and all went well until about a week ago when it suddenly stopped working after a restart.
I have conformed it is not a faulty keyboard since it works on other computers except mine.
Even without drivers the keyboard should still light up and type, but on my computer its dead as a doorknob.
Please tell me what info that may help you help me about my computer.
Cheerz.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

Most likely there is a clitch in your connection. Please do the following :

- Remove all batteries for at least 30 minites
- Push , whilst the batteries are still out, the connect button for about 20 seconds. Make sure the the receiver is connected.

- Put in new batteries and push, on the receiver, the connect button for 2 seconds
- Immedialey push the connect button on the mouse. Move the mouse and see whether it works
- After that immediately push the connect button on the keyboard (* before you start this procedure check where the connect button is)
- check whether the KB is working.

If this is not working you might want to check for othe wireless products around

-

#3 Vedunga

Vedunga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

What is this "reciver" you speak of? And also the "connect" button on your mouse...?
My KB has no batteries neither does my mouse, are you perhaps talking about the motherboard battery? Which i doubt.
Posted Image

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:49 PM

Was the restart due to a crash?
Any conflicts in device driver
Have you tried unistalling it from control panel. Then just plugging it in to see if it runs.
Try reinstall
try disabling Msft keyboard drivers

Device driver if XP
Start
right click 'My Computer'
select Properties
Under hardware TAb on pop up window click device manager (yellow icon will indicate conflict from here on)
expand keyboard by clicking '+'
right click on your keyboard and select properties

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

How many other USB devices do you have connected? Have you been able to use any other keyboards since the problem occured? Were they USB? My first thought is that either you have too much power draw for the onboard (i assume) USB hub to handle, or the ports are dieing. The latter would only be likely if the PC is a little old. Sadly my 3 year old machine can not use the inputs (PS/2 or USB) more than a minute after reboot. I attribute that to the crappy board my vendor put in and nothing to do with ungrounded tinkering that I have done for the life of the machine... ;)

I believe you can check the amount of power draw in perfmon, but I can't remember now. I'll check tomorrow and see then.

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:45 AM

Isnt the KB wireless?

#7 Vedunga

Vedunga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:10 PM

The keyboard isent wireless, and i can connect a normal old style keyboard, usb/2 i think? the purple hole thing anyway. this is the only usb user i have. And i have already tried a converter usb > usb/2. No luck.
I also noticed in device manager > keyboards it isent detecting my G15,but is detecting my old keyboard (non USB) and yes the G15 drivers are installed.
How do i check the power drawn in perform?

THe G15 works on friends and other computers without drivers installed.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users