Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

X1950xt Fan Speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dogslikeus

dogslikeus

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:42 AM

so i just got and installed today a brand spankin' new ATI x1950xt 256mb card. it is, for lack of better words, a friggin' tank! it's handling anything i can throw at it on maximum detail settings at 1440x900, 4xAA and 8xFSAA (i think that's the abbreviation) and it throws out at least 50FPS if not more.

my question is this; i think the card is running a bit hot. i don't have much experience with how hot they are supposed to be, but it's idling around 54C and under load it gets to about 74C. the fan is working because i can feel the air and occasionally it will kick into overdrive, but it seems to wait until the card is really hot to do it. are there any programs that would allow me to set it so that the fan really kicks on before it gets way hot? i don't mind the noise, really. i'm more concerned about the care of my card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dogslikeus

dogslikeus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

er... nevermind, i think. the new version of ATI Tool allows for custom fan settings.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:42 AM

er... nevermind, i think. the new version of ATI Tool allows for custom fan settings.

Are there shades of Gilda Radner there? :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Aljaud

Aljaud

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

Well, the program I use is called ATI Tray Tools. It allows you to setup how fast the fan goes according to how hot it is, like 40% fan speed normally, but automatically goes to 50% at 65c, etc You can set it all up, plus you can set it to show the Video Card temperature in your system tray, and it shows your FPS in 3d applications (Games/3d Modeling programs, etc..just things that use 3d).

You can Download it at http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/

Good luck :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users