Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Loadup Is All Garbled

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sistermt

sistermt

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:06 PM

When I start my computer the windows screen comes up with all kinds of garbled language. The whole screen is filled with exclamation points and I can hardly recognize the welcome screen. I can start the computer in safe mode and when I do the words are all unrecognizable. It's not a foreign language, just some of the characters are unrecognizable and it flashes. I can pick out safe mode with networking and then it boots up fine and I am able to get online. I have run norton antivirus and nothing was detected. Could I have a virus?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:44 AM

To "one stop way "to see whether there are any malware issues is to do this online scan and take the complete test. Please post back. However from the looks of it your boot.ini appears to be corrupted. Please read this article

#3 sistermt

sistermt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

Ok, I narrowed it down to the video card. It was replaced in June 2006, turns out it is a defective card, and it is under a 2yr warranty. I have to send it back to the manufacturer for replacement, ..... go figure!! Could take up to 2 weeks for replacement!!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

Thank you for letting us know what the problem was. Sorry to hear about the video card replacement time but at least its under a warranty.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users