Jump to content
Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:30 PM
Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:57 PM
Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:52 PM
Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:46 PM
Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:36 PM
It took some patience but I have ubuntu installed. Since ME was trashed by a botched install of XP Pro... I just wiped the drive, and did a clean install using the Ubuntu 6.10 alternate install. iso that burned to disk. For some reason the CD disk was *$#& so I went over to Ubuntu.com forums and located a mini.iso that is an internet based alternative... as far as downloading and installing everything I needed, it took close to 3.5 hours but it is so worth it.
Ubuntu is a great linux distro, you could do the following
-Use an Ubuntu live CD.
-Use an Ubuntu live CD to install to the hard drive.
I would install it to the Hard drive because you can do that without messing up ME.
To install ubuntu to the hard drive without messing up your ME install just
1. Defragment your hard drive
2. Download GPartED from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=173828
3. Burn the ISO to your CD.
4. boot from the CD
5. Resize your Windows ME partion and make it smaller
6. Restart your computer in ME and just check and make sure everything is working fine.
7.Boot from the CD again and create your linux partitions
8. Boot from the Ubuntu live CD and Install it to the partitions that you created.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users