Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Filter Cad Runtime Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vegassounder

vegassounder

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:40 PM

I just installed my FILTER CAD Program on a new computer. When I try to run it I get the message
Runtime Error at 001D:04EB. A search for RUNTIME in the help file produced nothing. Does anyone out there know what this is about ???

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum and added application name to title. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 15 January 2007 - 07:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

I am not familiar with the program you mentioned in your post. Could you let us know who made this program? Is it from Autodesk? Is it used for Acad? If so, what version? Do you meet all the requirements for the program? Have you tried to re-install the program? Is there a chance you have another similar program that is conflicting with this program? Have you tried the program without anything else open? Have you checked for updates/patches? Are you experiencing other problems?
JC

#3 joygreen

joygreen

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:27 PM

I had Runtime Errors associated with a different program. All I've been able to associate with Runtime is JAVA. Good luck.
"Restore an environmentally sustainable and economically just America"

#4 vegassounder

vegassounder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

I am not familiar with the program you mentioned in your post. Could you let us know who made this program? Is it from Autodesk? Is it used for Acad? If so, what version? Do you meet all the requirements for the program? Have you tried to re-install the program? Is there a chance you have another similar program that is conflicting with this program? Have you tried the program without anything else open? Have you checked for updates/patches? Are you experiencing other problems?

#5 vegassounder

vegassounder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

The program is a full featured analog filter design software from LinearX Corp in Portland. I've been using it for over 8 yrs. on a PC with Win 98 OS. Installed it on my new PC with XP PRO and am getting this RUNTIME error. No conflicts possible as I've installed no other software other than MS Office so far. The program requires a DONGLE (key) on the parallel port which I forgot to install so the first time I got the message NO KEY FOUND. I installed the KEY and now I'm getting this RUNTIME error. Thanks for any advice.

#6 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

I could not find any helpful support information about this product in my searching. I did find the link to the LinearX website, and I pasted a few websites that you may find interesting below. You mentioned that the software is over 8 years old. My guess is there might be issues with FilterCad and Windows XP.

The websites....
LinearX - Systems Downloads - There might be an update to your program.
LinearX - How to contact us - I would recommend that you contact them to see if they have a solution for you.
Linear Technology -Different website, but also mentions FilterCad.

Also, you may find this helpful. How to Run Legacy Applications Using Windows XP

Hope that helps,
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users