Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building New Computer/ No Display

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eyelevel

eyelevel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

So Im building a new computer and I now have all new parts exept for an old HDD Im using for the time being.

CASE: Raidmax SAGITA ATX 450w ps
MB: ECS 945p-a pci-e ready motherboard
CPU: Intel Pentium D Processor 820+ 2.8ghz 800mhz FSB 2mb L2 Cache
RAM: Turbo MEMORY PQ125400-1GSB PC2 5400 1GB single channel
GPU: ATI x1600PRO pci-e 512mbDDR2

Ive got everything hooked up correctly I believe but Im not getting any signal on my new monitor. I hooked the monitor up to another cpu and it runs perfect so I konw thats not the problem. Ive also tried a pci ati 9250 and I dont get a display with it either. The computer doesnt make any beeps when I turn it on. The case lights and fans all power up including the GPU. But the monitor's power light continues to blink, indicating something is wrong. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here?
User is online!Profile CardPM

Go to the top of the page
Edit Post+Quote Post

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

You mentioned that you don't get any beeps when you turnt he power on - do you have the internal speaker connected to the MoBo?

It seems like power is going through the board, as the fans come on.... do you have the power connected to the CPU (4 or 6 plug power connector)?
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 eyelevel

eyelevel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:42 PM

Yep i have the molex connector connected and the 24 pin. And no I dont get any beeps no matter how I connect the spkr.

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:39 AM

Is your RAM seated properly? The only time I had this happen to me was when I did'nt put the RAM in right. How about the right slots? I don't know if that would make this kind of difference, but make sure your RAM is in the proper slots. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users