Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating Direct X

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 9-scott

9-scott

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

This is my first post and I'm hoping somebody can help me out with updating 9.0c to the newest version. I've tried everything and for some reason it just won't update, even when I install games that have 9.0c(August 2005) edition of direct x it still won't update, and I have tried both the web installer and offline versions.

I'm not really having any problems but I do feel that some newer games would probably run a little smoother if it was updated. This computer is a Dell and I've been wondering if they locked the Direct X just like they lock there bios.

System Specifics:

Dell XPS Gen 4
Intel 3.2 (hyperthreading)
Geforce 7800GT Overclocked (93.71 driver)
Maxtor 80 gig sata
2 gigs ddr2 ram
Creative Soundblaster 2z

Again its not a big deal as I don't have any major issues but it still would be nice to have the latest version.
I wonder if I have to install the files manually although I don't really know what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

Hello,

Go to start click run and type dxdiag run the tests on those pages and see if there are any problems.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

Isn't 9.0c the latest version?

#4 9-scott

9-scott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

Yes 9.0c is the newest but I'm talking about the latest build of 9.0c, and when I run the dxdiag test everything passes just fine. When I open the direct X log file its as though the computer is blocking my attempts to update thats why I'm wondering if dell locked it, to save on tech support costs just like the bios.

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:49 PM

Hello

You can try directx erradicator, it might solve our problem.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=626
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users