Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Share Files Among 3 Computers Over Infrastructure Wireless Network?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tngu77

tngu77

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

How do I share files and two printers among two laptops and a desktop? I have a Linksys 4-Port Switch/wireless router connected (wired) to one of the laptops and the other two computers are connected to the router wirelessly via wireless network cards. One of the printers is connected to the desktop and the other to one of my laptop. All three computers are using Windows XP Professional. All three computers are currently sharing Verizon Online DSL Internet connection via the Linksys router.

Thnaks,
tngu77

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fasana!

Fasana!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:59 PM

Hey I use this program to run my network. take a look. it does it all for you a no brainer! Share files seamlessly,shares printers etc. take a look and let me know.

Brian From Zion

CLICK HERE!
Network Magic

Edited by Fasana!, 15 January 2007 - 12:59 PM.

#3 tngu77

tngu77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Great program!!!! Works great!!!

#4 tngu77

tngu77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

Are there any free alternatives to Network Magic?

#5 Fasana!

Fasana!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:43 AM

I have not looked. i was so impressed with network magic i stoped looking. Networking the windows way is so confusing and not clear on what they want you to do. Whats really cool with NM is if you have a wireless router you can see who else in your neighborhood has wireless.
well i hope that helped. Have fun if you choose to buy it. It also lets you share folders on the internet with net to go. i have put on files for friends and family and all you have to do is give them the password and addy of the site. Have a good one!

Brian From Zion!

#6 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:21 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n...ed/default.mspx

Go here and learn to use XP it's not that hard have ago (but back up your files first)
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users