Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ati Overclocking Utility.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:54 AM

Recently I have purchased a new graphics card, ATI Radeon x1300 PCI 256mb. When downloading the drivers I also found an overclocking program made by ATI called ATI Overclocking Utility. I thought it would be cool to do a little overclocking. So I download the program and it seems pretty good, but every time I try the option just to detect how high I can overclock the screen turns gray and my cursor turns into a lighter gray square. It also does this while moving the bars to increase the frequency even by just 1Mhz. After that is on my screen for a few seconds my monitor acts like its on but my computer is off, so it shows nothing. Then I have to manually turn the computer off :thumbsup: .

Anyone else familiar with this program? I know overclocking is only supposed to be done by people who really know what there doing, but I thought this program could also help me learn more about it. I guess I'll do some more google searching, but any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Sterling14, 15 January 2007 - 08:56 AM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:07 PM

sounds like to me that your card doesn't like overclocking. Either it just doesn't support it that well, or the company that made it disabled overclocking. And since its a pci card, i wouldn't think it was made for intense overclocking anyway. Maybe try a different overclocking program?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users