Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Mgr Is Disabled

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vineethere

vineethere

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:02 AM

Hi. Recently, i visited a website called coolpics.com. After that, the entries in my "Internet Options" in IE (Tools->Internet OPtions->Home Page) has been changed to coolpics.com & the "Use Current", "Use default" & "Use Blank" buttons have been disabled as a result i am not able to change the entries here. Also, i am noticing that the "Task Manager" has been disabled (rt click on the task bar) OR CTRL+ALT+DEL. Finally, the "Run" option in the "START" menu in the task bar has also been removed. I am not able to launch the DOS command prompt. :flowers:

Plz let me know what this is & how do i remove this problem? :trumpet: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your help.

-Vineet

Moved from the W2k,NT W2003 Forum.~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 15 January 2007 - 10:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:57 AM

IE6 or IE7?

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:17 PM

Hi vineethere and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,

Download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware Free in Safe Mode.
Be sure to check for any updates to this program after you install it.

Then download,update and run SUPERAntiSpyware, free version for the Home User. Run This scan in Safe Mode also. If for some reason you can't access safe mode, for now run them in normal mode.

Please post back with any questions and results...
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

Instructions for removal of coolpics.com:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How_to_remo...er-t137346.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users