Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wow Video Freezing.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vedunga

Vedunga

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:49 AM

Yo, hoping somebody could help me here, really appriciate it if they could.

My Worldofwarcraft has been patched fully, as has my video card been updated to latest drivers. (Nvidia 6800 GS/XT). But still when i click icon, and click play, worldofwarcraftloads, or at least goes tro the scene with the gate. sometimes no iterface and login panel loads at all. but usualy, i can type in at least one letter of my username before the video freezes. And yes i HAVE reinstalled and repatched WOW. The audio still plays, and i can alt-f4 out of the program, but nothing else, alt-tab and ctr-alt-del does nothing.

i also have another problem with WOW. After i have alt-f4 out of WOW, when i try to restart it an error message comes up stating that WOw could not start 3D acceleration, and tells me to update drivers and direct X 9.0c.
Which of course i have already done.

Would REALLY appriciate some help.
Cheers.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aberfocation

Aberfocation

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:50 AM

is there any error code or something like that?if there is please post it up.and can u provide us a picture/print screen so it will help us analyst your problems.
Computer Nubie =X

#3 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:32 PM

you know your comptuer specs? as this might help in determining if its a computer glitch or your computer isnt' built to handle it, (silly thing I know)

#4 Vedunga

Vedunga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:53 AM

It seems it stopped the freezing and spiking after removing my video card, and replacing with my old one. I have sent it to be checked, thanks for helping fellas.
Posted Image

#5 Aberfocation

Aberfocation

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:08 AM

=D Your welcome =P feel free to ask any Q. *cheers*
Computer Nubie =X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users