Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Save A Web Page And All Of Its Contents?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 salshroom

salshroom

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:57 AM

I have my workout on a web page. I wanted to save it to my local pc to use laptop in my work out room. I've been trying to save the web page and each link for each specific workout. There is a link, once i click that. it gives me a small description of reps etc. and then a picture of starting and ending positions. that way i wont hurt myself doing the exercise wrong . i have used ssnag which was supposed to do this but did not work . thanks for any insight g'day!
sal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:45 AM

If you're trying to save just a single page, clicking on the File menu, then selecting Save Page As is all you need to save the page and it's contents.

If you're trying to save more than one of the pages, there are FREE programs that will download the whole site for you, or just certain pages.

The tricky part of navigating the pages.

If the web page links are linked like ../folder_name/page_name.html then saving all pages will take you to the next page, on your hard drive.

If the web page links are linked like http://www.domainname.com/folder_name/page_name.html then it will try to access the internet to go to the next page. If this is the case, then you will need to change all references of
http://www.domainname.com/folder_name/page_name.html

to

C:\folder_name\page_name.html

Do a search for FREE web site copy. If you're using Firefox, there may be a addon that you can add to Firefox to make it save the pages and the linked pages to your hard drive.

#3 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:44 AM

I believe that will only work if using IE7. If you wish to do the same with IE6 then just add the site to the favorites list.
Right click on the link and select make availiable offline. This will allow off line use for that page and links if you select that option.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:56 AM

I believe that will only work if using IE7. If you wish to do the same with IE6 then just add the site to the favorites list.
Right click on the link and select make availiable offline. This will allow off line use for that page and links if you select that option.

Very true.

I believe there is also an option to save the pages upto certain levels deep. 1 level is probably all that'll be needed.

Thanks for that update projectfocus

#5 salshroom

salshroom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

I had originally tried to save as for the website. but it only saves that current page. i also saved it as a favorite and make avail offline. but none of the pictures or descriptions were saved. just displayed as red "X" where normally it would be. thats why i had turned to ssnag a program used to copy sites 100% to pc. i set it to 99 levels and all settings on max just to be safe. it took about 12 minutes. but it only saved buttons like company info etc. none of the actual workout regimines. thanks for these suggestions. with ie7 i kinda dont like its interface/setup. any other suggestions or free software that was mentioned possibly a link to one would be great. Thanks! G'day!
sal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users