Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dll files missing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jimbob2004

jimbob2004

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:12 AM

I hope I put this in the right category. When using Spybot search and destroy, it says it cannot finish because WDENGINE.dll and msjava.dll are misssing. where did they go and how do I get them back??? Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:44 AM

Happy New Year, eh?

This error is caused by some other adware/spyware/hijacker on your system. Go to the Hijack forum here, read the sticky and post a log.

Dll files can be found for download here. Just be sure you know where to put them.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 jonezee

jonezee

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:47 AM

i to is missing a dll file a file name cc.trust.dll how to i fix that problem when ever i turn on my computer i get this message:ccregvfy.exe unable to locate coponents this application hasfailed to start because cc.trust.dll was not found.re-installing the application may fix this problem.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:30 AM

cc.trust.dll is a file associated with Norton Anti-virus. Try uninstalling Norton and reinstalling. More info here and here.

Norton has an uninstall tool you can get here but it can only be used in certain circumstances, so read carefully first.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 jonezee

jonezee

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:47 PM

does anyone know where to put the dll file symstore.dll please tell me

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:51 PM

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared same place as cc.trust.dll

Edited by Leurgy, 01 January 2005 - 06:52 PM.

#7 jonezee

jonezee

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:56 PM

in response to to where the msjava.dll goes it goes in the system 32 folder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users