Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Compton81

Compton81

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:58 PM

okay so i just bought the world of war craft..... i get home put it in my computer it starts to run and then it tells me i don't have enough ram and my disk speed is to low or something along those lines and i'm not to savvy on the tech side of computers i would really appciate the help !!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

Ummmmm.......basically you don't have enough ram and your hard drive is to slow! :thumbsup: Kidding! :flowers:

Honestly, it does seem that your computer doesn't have enough ram and that perhaps you have an older 5400 rpm drive (or slower?) that doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game. :trumpet:

Could you post your computer specs for us? We'll need them in order to properly help you! If you're unsure of how to get your specs, an easy way to get the basic specs is to go to Start>Settings>Control Panel then click on System. It'll tell you the speed of your processor (2.4 ghz, 1.73ghz etc.) and the amount of ram (512 mb, 2gb etc.).
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Compton81

Compton81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:23 AM

okay so im not too good with computers and i know this is kind of bad !!!.......449mhz 256 mb of ram intel pentium III processor

#4 Aberfocation

Aberfocation

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:19 AM

What are the system requirements for WOW.
PC System Requirements
OS: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4); Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Processor: Intel Pentium3 800MHz or AMD Athlon 800MHz
Memory:
512 MB RAM,
1GB RAM is recommended
Video:

Minimum: 32MB 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as an NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or above.

Recommended: 64MB VRAM 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability, such as an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 class card or above.
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Your computer dont really meet the req.
Computer Nubie =X

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:01 AM

Ya sorry man, but that computer isn't really going to play any newer games. My friend plays WoW, and the game goes slow sometimes even meeting the minimum ram of 512mb. If you did get more ram though your processor is not good enough.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 Chris Mason

Chris Mason

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:55 AM

I'm thinking about buying a new laptop (almost just because of WoW)

Do you have a good recommendation (or better yet what brand should I stay away from since I know a few brands are notorious for weak video cards).

I guess Compton81 and I are goin' PC shoppin' :thumbsup:

#7 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:57 AM

I've heard Alienwares are the best for laptops, but there pricey (you get what you pay for). Also if your looking for a cheaper kind maybe acer or compaq? My brother has a compaq which I remember trying the trial for WoW on, and it went fine.

I don't know if you've heard about this either, but they're coming out with external laptop graphics cards. I remember seeing a post about it somewhere here on bleepingcomputer. Hope this helps!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#8 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:33 PM

My best advice is to buy a new computer entirely to run wow, Try and get it cheap look around for deals, and if you ahve any questions on if it'll work or if its a good deal let us know, personally Id just steer clear of WoW entirely, its not worth the money lol (I still play....)...

You are looking at having to rebuild an entirely new system and if you dont' have the funds for it (and mommy and daddy come dry...) then you're SOL

#9 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

okay so im not too good with computers and i know this is kind of bad !!!.......449mhz 256 mb of ram intel pentium III processor

Don't sweat it! :trumpet: You won't be able to install that game (even if you did, you couldn't play it) because your computer does not meet the minimum requirements. Even upgrading the ram and a graphics card won't help you because your processor is to slow. Depending on your motherboard, you might be able to upgrade your processor, but then you still might not be fast enough to play the game.

Unfortunately, you might have to get a different computer. :woot: By the time that you upgrade your current one to the point where you'd be able to play WoW, you'd have probably spent enough money to buy one from Dell, Walmarts or Sams Club that would play the game.

Not what you want to hear I'm sure! Sorry about that! :spam:

I'm thinking about buying a new laptop (almost just because of WoW)

Do you have a good recommendation (or better yet what brand should I stay away from since I know a few brands are notorious for weak video cards).

I guess Compton81 and I are goin' PC shoppin' :bike:

As to not hijack this topic, might I recommend that you start another topic and post your questions please! :inlove: You'll have more people looking at a new topic which would help you out more in the long run! :flowers:

If (when?) you start your own topic, be sure to post your specs if you're looking for a graphics card! It'll be easier to suggest something if everyone knows what your system consists of! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users