Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! I Am Loosing My Mind!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fasana!

Fasana!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:42 PM

Hello all!

I am new here but have some computer experence. This problem has stumped me! I am running win xp pro. when i am on the net and want to and the page to my favs i get (unspecified error) cant add to favs. my favs folder is where it should be but they have all vanished. I had a back up copy of favs and tried to reset the path to them in regedit. No luck! anyone out there having this problem? I need a firing solution!

Thanks Brian from zion

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 14 January 2007 - 05:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:30 AM

Which browser do you use?

#3 Fasana!

Fasana!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:14 AM

OOPS! IE7 Sorry!

#4 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:22 AM

NP!The most easies way would be to roll back to IE6 meaning uninstalling IE7 this will automaticly come. IE7 is under scrutiny and still a lot of issues at hand.

You need IE only to do your updates for Windows and/or office and some online scans. I suggest in general to install Firefox here since FF has better protection against safety leaks

#5 Fasana!

Fasana!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

I have been wanting to switch from ie to ff but ff does not have support for my fingerprint reader. It may have that but i can not find the plug in for it. IE7 SUCKS! all i have had is problems since the release of it. Makes me wonder how vista will be! :thumbsup: Just the system reqs are a joke for vista. watch out for the bsod! I can not find an un-installer for IE7! in my add and remove program list :flowers: Like we didnt see that coming. What now? Thanks!

Brian From Zion

#6 fozzie

fozzie

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

In software look under Windows and you will see it. You still can find it there.
Here you can browse the add ons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users