Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stupid Problem With Bootscreen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 uppy

uppy

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:08 PM

Okay so I saw some fancy boot screens on a website and I started talking to a friend of mine and he pointed me to logonuibootrandomizer and said "Oh yeah its perfectly safe, its fine if you dont like it you can change it back blah blah" so I used it, applied the new bootscreen. Oh yeah it works but I have to select it at startup and when i went back to logonuibootrandomizer to undo the change I made, it didnt work, so I still have to select a bootscreen before I can access my computer. I know it isnt a big deal but can anyone tell me how I can reset my bootscreen?

I know this is a dumb question but ts really bugging me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

did you follow the instructions on site

How to uninstall

� Go to Help - Uninstall

� Delete programs' folder

� PREVIOUS USERS (before version 2.0.0): Delete the LogonUIRandomizer.lnk from yours start up folder (if any).

especially the last part about deleting the .ink file

if you don't know where to find it just do a search for htat file and delete it

could be the cause..maybe not but always gotta check

#3 uppy

uppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

yeah uninstalling the program doesnt fix the problem :'( this'll teach me to fiddle with things I dont understand...

#4 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

if everything is deleted ie the program folders that you have put in there to hold everything and the boot files then it should not work, or be able to function whatsoever

I would recheck the folders to ensure that nothing remains of it, and do the search for the .ink file just in case

#5 trumanpriest

trumanpriest

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

If you haven't turned off System Restore Points, that is probably the easiest way, otherwise I have gotten out of that particular problem by downloading this program Bootskin and then using the built in option to restore default XP login (StarDock is a pretty safe company). I know thats almost like compounding a problem on top of a problem, but it worked for me.

Edited by trumanpriest, 14 January 2007 - 04:49 PM.

#6 Tim64

Tim64

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:39 AM

Well this may be a bit of a strange way to fix it but it may work. Look for stardocks bootsking tool. Its free and offers windows default bootup screen. Just install let stardock run. Delete the old program. Then if you want delete stardocks. I have used stardocks bootscreen tool before. Works ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users