Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Doesn't Work At All

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jasncondit

jasncondit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

Hi,

I'm Jason and am new to the board. I really need help with this doozy.

I have a AC 97 Sound card built into the mother board.

I have Windows XP Home Edition.

IE 7.0

Windows Media Player 11.

My volume is fine. Nothing is muted. The speakers are plugged in. The driver has been updated and even deleted and reinstalled. Plus I have tried system restore but nothing worked then went back a month before it happened still no result. So I went back to before I restored.

Any ideas?

Edited by jasncondit, 13 January 2007 - 11:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jasncondit

jasncondit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:11 AM

Hi,

I'm Jason and am new to the board. I really need help with this doozy.

I have a AC 97 Sound card built into the mother board.

I have Windows XP Home Edition.

IE 7.0

Windows Media Player 11.

My volume is fine. Nothing is muted. The speakers are plugged in. The driver has been updated and even deleted and reinstalled. Plus I have tried system restore but nothing worked then went back a month before it happened still no result. So I went back to before I restored.

Any ideas?

N/mind the sound is back. Don't know what did it.

However my speakers are Dell PC Speakers and now only one of them plays the volume strong and the other is very very faint. They are linked together before going into the PC. The one that plays strong is the one that doesn't have the volume control on it. It in turn plus into the one with the volume control and then into the |PC. If un-plug the one with no volume control the sound comes a little bit strong into the sound controlled speaker. Any ideas? (Also it isn't he speaker being set to the left or right too much. It is down the center but only the left has sound. If I turn down the right it doesn't matter.

Edited by jasncondit, 14 January 2007 - 12:12 AM.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:35 AM

Did you check the balance at soundcontrol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users