Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"image Activex Object"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Davespy81

Davespy81

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

I'm having a problem With my computer. It seams my brother has been off doing "dirty" things and downloaded some stupid virus on our computer. He claims he downloaded A program he thought was an ActiveX product on the computer. Now we have been getting alerts that are completely fake and linking us to websites such as "PestCapture." I've Ran Ad-Aware Se and Norton Antivirus and neither of them picked up on anything. Also another strange detail (which might have nothing to do with anything) my computer says Java needs to be updated. Can some one help me?

Here are pictures of 2 different alerts:

Posted Image

&

Posted Image

Edited by Davespy81, 13 January 2007 - 10:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

Read this: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer

Then post a Hijack This log at this section of the forums: HijackThis Logs and Analysis
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#3 Davespy81

Davespy81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

Thanks. It's getting late so I'll do all this in the morning. =]

0 user(s) are reading this topic