Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpanel Not Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 idlewild202

idlewild202

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

This is a Dell 8400 with Windows XP Home Edition.

My problem is that it will NOT load a cPanel to save it's life. It always come up as "Page Cannot be Displayed." It is extremely fustrating, even when I go to the cPanel website (www.cpanel.net) and try their demo it still won't work.

I need this to work. I have a second, older computer (Compaq something or another with Windows 2000) and cPanel works just fine on that computer. But that computer doesn't have my files, it's slower, and it just a pain to use.

If worse comes to worse I will use that computer to do all my work on. But I am looking to buy a domain name and hosting package soon for a website/game I own/run and if I can't cPanel to work on this computer it's going to seriously damper my efforts at updating and mainting my website. (right now I can only use the older computer to do my updates and it's a royal pain)

Thank you, I really need this to work. Any ideas? (I personally have a hunch that the Norton Virus system on this computer is part of the problem, the other computer does not have Norton... yet... and works just fine).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:51 AM

I log into cpanel:
http://**.**.**.**/cpanel with the asterisks being my host. Then a prompt comes up for a user name and password for the particular site.

Have you crossed checked the link and user name and password between the two computers?
Johanna
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher an animal, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." – Robert Heinlein

#3 idlewild202

idlewild202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:03 PM

I log into cpanel:
http://**.**.**.**/cpanel with the asterisks being my host. Then a prompt comes up for a user name and password for the particular site.

Yes, on the other older computer I go to the cpanel login site (I have a free account right now with www.profusehost.net it's not the best, but I only got it to learn how to use cpanel before I buy a hosting service), and it will prompt for a login and password, everything works fine. If I try going to the exact same site on this computer it won't go.

Have you crossed checked the link and user name and password between the two computers?
Johanna

What exactly do you mean? These two computers are not connected in any way. This dell is the main computer in the house and is what the DSL modem is connected to. And the older compaq uses a wireless attena to connect to the web.

As far as I've seen, any cPanel, be it a regular cPanel or even just a demo, that works on the compaq won't work on the dell. And so far all cPanels I've gone to on the compaq have worked.

Could it perhaps be a security thing or internet setting for IE?

#4 Johanna

Johanna

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

Have you made sure that the link you are using on the computer that works is the same as the one that doesn't? Have you verified that the user names and passwords are the same?
Johanna
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher an animal, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." – Robert Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users