I have spent DAYS and DAYS trying to sort this out. Many more I've spent reading one after another after another forum, none of which have answers that seem to fit my particular situation. I hope you can help me.
My computer's situation is this:
1. two distinct hard disks (19 GB & 28 GB), lettered D & C, respectively
2. WinXP is installed on C
- ME was installed on D;
- I installed ubuntu over that;
- then realized I didn't have the skills to set up what was needed on ubuntu,
- decided I wanted the use of my D disk back under a Windows environment;
- tried to install WinXP on D;
- seemed to work until the login (and I haven't tried starting up on D again)
Now what do I do? Is there, for example, a way of installing WinXP on D from C? And is that a good idea or even necessary? I'm so worried about screwing things up now that I'm scared to try anything!
I'd really appreciate your advice.