Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Mighty Vista Gfx Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luke188

luke188

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

a while ago i downloaded the windows vista rc1 32 bit version, everything was going well until the installation process. it got to the last update task and was almost done but for some weird reason my monitor went into standby mode, anyway i tried it again the next day and it still went in standby mode but after a few hours i was away from the pc and when i came back vista was ok. The problem still happened though, everytime i turned the pc on the monitor would always go into standby for hours (sometimes wouldn't even switch on) the monitor is 100% fine and so is vista as it worked on the pc for a short time and works on my laptop fine, anyway my point is does anyone know why my monitor went into standby mode?

i ran the vista upgrade advisor and it said everything was fine and i could use vista but the monitor problem always happened so far me and a mate of mine thinks it's my graphics card but we're still not sure so any help would be great. Here are my pc details (i didn't build it myself it was one i bought a while ago)

Intel Pentium D 945 Processor
3.4GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2 x 2MB Cache
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center
2GB DDR RAM
300GB Hard Disk Drive
Dual Layer DVD ReWriter Drive
256MB ATI X1300 Graphics
Built-in TV Tuner + Remote Control
802.11g Wireless Network Ready
19" Philips TFT Monitor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

RC1 was still "technically" beta software - so it can't be expected to work on all systems.

I'd suggest updating your drivers to Vista versions, if possible. If not, at least get the most updated versions of the drivers for XP and install them as using administrator privileges and in XP mode (using compatibility mode).

Since it's your video that's involved, I'd use the Vista drivers for your monitor and the latest Vista drivers for your vid card (here's a link: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32...on-vista32.html )
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users