Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Get 8mm Video On To Dvd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 perryja

perryja

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:19 AM

I have a number of 8MM video tapes I would like to transfer to DVD. The only correction on the Camcorder is VGA Audio & Video out.

What type of Hardware do I need to correct the Camcorder to the PC & would I need software. The PC has a DVD burner.

Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:24 AM

Your 1st step is to get the film onto your pc. You'll need wires that came with the camcorder to do so.

After you've transferred the film to your pc, you will need software that will convert the film into dvd format.

#3 perryja

perryja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

Walkman thanks for your comments.
I'm looking for more details as to how I can hook up the camcorder to the PC & what software to use for converting the videos

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:11 PM

Post the make and model of your camcorder and it'll be easier to determine the wires/cable you'll need, since it'll have to hook up into your computer.

As far as the software you'll need, that too will also depend on the format(s) your camcorder will save the videos. But, to help make the transition easier, go to their web site and see if they have software/hardware for the camcorder. If they do, you'll need them.

Although it may seem like a hard task at hand, you'll be able to shoot videos, transfer them to your hd, and then create dvd videos from there.... even with menus if you want.

#5 perryja

perryja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:12 AM

The Camcorder is a Sony CCD-TRV21. I believe I was mistaken Stating that it had A VGA connection. Its just a standard Audio / Video output.

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:19 AM

I found this site that has alot of Sony Camcorders.... I think yours is the 1st one listed.
http://welectronics.com/camcorders.shtml

However, you will need the a/v cable. Contact them at the site, and see if you can order it. Then again, you may be able to buy one from Radio Shack or Wal-Mart. I'm not sure.

Also, are you in the US?

The reason I ask is that the camcorder will produce the films in PAL format, and you will need to convert the films to NTSC format if you plan to watch it on tv in the USA...... (not unless you buy a DivX player).

That camera doesn't seem to come with any software, but that's not an issue. The main issue now is to get the a/v cable to transfer over to your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users