Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Mail- Attachment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Verons88

Verons88

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

I was trying to send a file to my friend with an attachment of 10MB.
However, I got a reply from Yahoo-MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com, saying that my mail was fail to sent,
though I have waited for an hour for it to finish attaching my file.
Im using Yahoo Mail Beta, and the recipent is using a yahoo email address too.

Does anyone know what's the problem?
Is it the file is too big?
What is the best method to send big files?

Thanks
Veronica Yeoh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:19 AM

It's possible that the file size is too big. Check Yahoo and see their file attachment limit.

Depending on the file size, your email will work fine. You also can:

a. ftp transfer the file
b. upload the file to a remote server, then give it's location
c. create a .torrent file and email the torrent file.

But, from my last known experience, you may be maxed out already at 10M. I may be incorrect, but not too many email servers allow attachments larger than that. Even that exact size may be too big to email through some email accounts.

And always remember this: Even if you can send large attachments by email, the receiving person's email account may not allow it, and it'll reject it, so verify their limit too.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

Depending on the file TYPE, you could conceivably break it up into two, and send it that way. You could also compress the file and send it; however, some E-mail servers will NOT allow .zip attachments through (this is to avoid malware that is usually included in a zipped file to avoid detection). If that is the case, you can RENAME the file type and then let the recipient know what the correct file extension should be.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users