My computer was recently (January 08, 2007 to be exact) by the W32.Fujacks viruses (W32.Fujacks.html, W32.Fujacks.gen, W32.Fujacks.B, W32.Fujacks.C and the like). These viruses were able to infect most of the files on my computer and would add a url (http://www.krvkr.com/worm.htm
) at the bottom of any .aspx, .asp, .htm, .html file. They also copied files setup.exe, GameSetup.exe, spolscv.exe in various location on my drives. They also created an autorun.inf file in both drive C: and D: of my computer and gave them read only, system and hidden attributes. The autorun file would execute the setup.exe, GameSetup.exe, spolscv.exe files any time I double-clicked the drive letter and this would trigger the infections. I was able to remove the viruses after symantec released updates that were able to detect and remove the viruses. I also used commands to change the attributes of the autorun.inf file in the drives and was eventually able to delete it.
The problem is, I think I still have some malware on my computer because of the following reasons:
1. Any time I go to folder options and set the option of viewing hidden files and folders nothing happens and when I confirm the folder options, the settings will have been reset to not view hidden files and folders
2. When I try set the option of viewing file extensions it does not work
3. Somehow the Internet Options of my Internet Explorer changed and the home page changed to hxxp://www.8757.com and when I try to change it resets back to the same page.
4. Am now installing the most recent updates from Microsoft but I dont know whether this will work.
Can anyone out there help, please?
- Moved to correct forum, and disabled links to protect.
Edited by D-Trojanator, 13 January 2007 - 10:21 AM.