Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Photoshop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jbmoisin

jbmoisin

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:31 AM

Hey guys,

Im actually trying to make a banner for a site and tried to follow this tutorial. But i'm having trouble to cut the things out of the banner.

Here is the tutorial: http://www.pegaweb.com/tutorials/web...e-header-2.htm

I'm having trouble at instruction number 11. I can't seem to understand the instruction which leads to having the fonts on the shadow. I don't understand how to delete those unwanted parts.

Then the same problem comes at number 16. Here again, i can't get the layer to suit the curve of the previous layer.

Any help is much appreciated.
Posted Image
For the team from the Eternal City, 90 minutes at Old Trafford must have seemed an eternity indeed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 woodharpy

woodharpy

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:44 AM

ummm i think that link is broken or something it wouldn't work for me anyway

CAUTION: Cape Does Not Enable User To Fly

#3 jbmoisin

jbmoisin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

ummm i think that link is broken or something it wouldn't work for me anyway

Hmm, that's funny. Whe i tried the link it didn't work too. So i go to the main site, and i could find the tutorial again. :thumbsup:

Anywa, here's the link again website banner
Posted Image
For the team from the Eternal City, 90 minutes at Old Trafford must have seemed an eternity indeed.

#4 petocities

petocities

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

after a while, i think i found the problem.
First, when it says about getting rid of the letters, you could go to the layer with the gradient, edit->reselect, then invert selection. This is to get the area where you want letters.
Then, select the layer with the letters (already rasterized so it can be edited) and get rid of the part of the letters that you don't need (with the selection from the other layer). You may have to select the layers holding down ctrl (to select the newly rasterized layer and deselect the gradient one).
Then, simply erase what is in the selection with the eraser, and you should have your watermarks done.

I hope this helps.

Edited by petocities, 15 January 2007 - 02:10 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users