Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Doesn't Work In Browsers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 556

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

I do not get the majority of sounds in my internet browsers.

Here's the info I know to give:

-This is true for both Explorer and Firefox, of which I have the most recent versions
-I have all known plug-ins up-to-date.
-Sound only works in browsers, that i know of, when supported by either Windows Media Player or Quicktime, or in sites where people have put sound in the page through html (The only example of this working that I know is Xanga)
-Videos on youtube or video.google and other sites do not contain sound. This seems true of anything using flash.
-I'm using Windows XP and the problem only exists for this User Account. I am the administrator, so it's not some security setting.
-I've gone into volume control and everything is maxed and nothing is muted. This includes Aux.

If there's anything else, please ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:18 AM

Wow, that is odd...

It only effects one account and is only for flash based sound.

Is it all flshed based or only certain websites?

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling Firefox? Rolling back IE7? What about system restore?

Has this always been the case? Can you remember when it started and any changes you may have done just before?

These are all just shots in the dark as I've never even heard of this kind of thing.

Here's a longshot... check whether the sound card driver is up to date./

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users